In concert with Anywhere Anytime Journeys’ Destination of the Month, this week’s Wellness Wednesday will indulge your senses with Belgian Chocolates.
Chocolate is more than just a sweet treat – it’s a true superfood! And, as many reasons as there are to love chocolate, there are even more when it’s organic and Belgian.
Belgian chocolate is famous the world over – and for good reason. Even in today’s highly industrialized world, most Belgian chocolate is made by hand in small family shops – using original equipment and recipes passed down for generations – rather than by large manufacturers.
Indulging in authentic Belgian chocolate isn’t just good for the soul – it’s good for your health too. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Heart Health. Belgian chocolatiers pride themselves on using 100% cocoa butter in their chocolate. This doesn’t just enhance texture and flavor – chocolate with 65% or more of cocoa content lowers blood pressure and increases blood flow to the brain and heart!
- All The Essentials. Don’t be fooled by Belgian chocolate’s creamy taste – it’s chock full of minerals like magnesium, iron, copper manganese and zinc, as well as vitamins, fiber and fatty acids!
- Less Stress. The happiness that comes with eating chocolate is backed by science – chocolate produces stress-reducing endorphins in the brain and increases serotonin levels!
- Youth. Sure, many fruits are powerful sources of antioxidants. But, lucky for you, so is chocolate! Polyphenols, flavanols and catechins help your body resist the oxidative effects of free radicals, keeping you looking and feeling young.
- Sun Protection. Headed someplace sunny? Ditch the burn. Chocolate’s flavanols protect skin against damaging UV rays – so eat up before baring skin!
If you desire to travel to Flanders and experience these benefits for yourself, check out this offer which includes a Chocolate Tour! Or, if you simply want more information, stop by our Downtown Rantoul office to pick up an official “Chocolate Experiences in Flanders & Brussels” guide.