Panterra: Sharks and Rays of the Gulf of California
05/04/2018 - 05/13/2018
Escorted by Panterra
10 day expedition. Hurry! 5 spots left!
- Expedition leaders: Dr. Jennifer Schmidt, Dr. Deni Ramirez Macias and Lela Sankeralli.
- 10 days / 9 nights onboard the ship the MV Adventure.
- Whale sharks, sharks and mobula ray research.
- Research will include: documenting whale sharks by photo ID, recording size, injuries and scars, collecting and analyzing plankton samples and tissue sampling.
- Shark and mobula research includes capture, species ID, measurements, tagging & release.
- The expedition offers a rare opportunity to work alongside scientists studying sharks, rays and whale sharks, all in one program.
- Guests will be research assistants documenting the various stages of the research.
- Additional activities: hiking, snorkeling, kayaking and visit to remote communities.